The Sunnyside Unified School District is offering free breakfast and lunch over the summer to all children 18 years old and younger.
The Summer Food Service Program for Children will run weekdays from May 27 through July 25. The program will be closed July 3 and 4.
Breakfast will be served from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. and lunch will be served from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with the exception of the high schools, which will provide breakfast from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. and lunch from 10:30 a.m. to noon. The Boys and Girls Club, at 5901 S. Santa Clara Ave., will also offer breakfast from 9 to 10 a.m.
Participating sites include:
- Sunnyside High School, 1725 E. Bilby Road
- Desert View High School, 4101 E. Valencia Road
- San Xavier Education Center, 1960 W. Wa:k Lane
- Littletown Recreation Center, 6465 S. Craycroft Road
- Rivera Elementary School, 5102 S. Cherry Ave.
- Ocotillo Elementary School, 5702 S. Campbell Ave.
- Cherry Avenue Recreation Center, 5085 S. Cherry Ave., (July only)
- Elvira Elementary School, 250 W. Elvira Road
For more information, call 545-2073.
If you live in TUSD, you can receive free breakfast and lunch over the summer in their Summer Food Service Program for Children. http://www.tusd1.org/contents/depart/food/summer.asp