I hope you are doing well and your families near and far are safe and healthy. The learning model for our small CITY Center schools has always been about connection and personalization. We will continue to rely on this student and family-centered model as we support students and families throughout the school closure. We will get through these challenging times together.
In this post there is information on
1. free food distribution starting on Monday for all CCCL families
2. advisory check-ins for every student starting on Monday,
3. a link to donate money to cover food costs for CCCL .
CCCL Food Distribution Plan
Starting on Monday, we will be distributing free food to families. Seth and Chuy have developed a thoughtful and convenient plan for distributing food every day during the school closure. There are other food distribution centers around Tucson. These are listed at the end of the distribution plan.
Here are details about the CCCL food distribution plan
• Bagged breakfasts and lunches will be handed out together daily between 8am and 10am Monday – Friday throughout the school closure.• Weekly Forms will be sent out that will ask families what meals they will need to pick up each day that week. Parents should watch for the subject line: “School Closure Food Order” in their email to place their orders. It is important that we get responses to this, as it will ensure we do not run out of food.Please use this Food Google Form Link
Food distribution will take place from the Paulo Freire Freedom School – University campus. Enter the alley (N Herbert Ave.) directly east of the school from University Blvd. See the map below for details.
• Parents/guardians should should stay in their cars and be ready with student’s/students’ last name, number of breakfasts, and number of lunches they’ll need.
• Families do not need to worry about any financial transactions – if they need food for their children or themselves, they should come.
• If families are unable to get to our school during those distribution hours, they should email Seth AND Chuy
There are other food distribution sites in Tucson. You can all go to one of the other food distribution sites listed in THIS ARTICLE.
Advisory Check Ins
Starting on Monday, your student’s advisor will be reaching out via email, text, or phone to check in on them. We will be introducing some learning opportunities for students later in the week. At first this will take the form of researching, reflecting, and expressing thoughts and ideas related to processing their own experience during the school closure and thinking about the ways our society does and does not protect our most vulnerable populations during a public health crisis such as this. These daily check ins are opportunities for students to be connected to their advisory, process their experiences, and ask for any assistance.. The health and well being of our students is our primary concern.
If the school closure extends into additional weeks, we will have additional ways of providing curriculum and student learning opportunities.
Donations to Support Food DistributionIf you are able to donate to the CCCL website, we will use these funds to cover the costs of providing food to all families free of charge during the school closure.
1. Go to this link: https://cityccl.org/donate/
2. Select your donation amount. If you don’t see the amount you want to donate, select “Other.”
3. Next, choose “Other” for the purpose.
4. Fill out the information on the form at the bottom of the page.
5. When you see “AMBASSADOR,” type in “Meals.” That way, we will know which donations were earmarked for Meals and can apply those funds to families who need our support.
We will send out and post additional information and updates later in the week. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have concerns.